Who We Are
Pillar VC is a venture capital firm based in Boston investing in companies at formation and seed stage with $350 million under management. We believe VC doesn’t have to be the darkside – we’re happy to own common stock, the same security as the founders we back, and we’re committed to helping founders develop as leaders.
We’re currently investing out of a $169 million Fund 3. Our investments include companies across deep tech, enterprise, biotech and crypto including Algorand, Circle, PillPack, Desktop Metal, Jellyfish, Asimov, PathAI, Hometap and Sofar Sounds.
Beyond capital, our team brings deep operating experience to each investment we make. We connect founders with guidance from over 40 CEOs who are the co-founders of our firm and have built unicorn companies including Wayfair, DraftKings, Ginkgo Bioworks, PillPack and Demandware. We’re often the first-capital-in, surrounding founders with support in the form of talent recruitment, CEO coaching, customer introductions, PR, peer communities and more.
To learn more about Pillar and how we support our companies, please click here.
We’re driven to make bold bets and accomplish ambitious goals as a team, while maintaining a playful approach to our work.
We bring integrity and authenticity to our relationships with each other and our community, believing trust is the foundation for happy relationships.
We embrace a growth mindset, adapting as we learn to ensure that we remain at the frontier of new opportunities.
Who You Are
A qualified candidate may exude all or some of these qualities:
- You have a deep network of peers who are operators, founders and industry experts.
- You enjoy building new relationships, and are a constant presence at events and in online forums. You enjoy connecting with people and hearing their stories.
- You have a voracious appetite for researching and learning new things. From AI to robotics to SaaS, your curiosity constantly leads you to interesting new people and emerging technologies.
- We’re a highly collaborative team that focuses on winning together –– we all pitch in to help wherever helps in needed.
- You work independently developing new ideas, conducting research, and sharing what you learn with others.
- You are extremely well organized, seamlessly keeping track of deadlines and projects.
- Your agile nature enables you to rapidly shift focus and balance multiple projects. You thrive in a fast-paced environment, and are always ready for the next challenge.
- We’re open to hiring someone from industry or from VC, and no previous VC experience is required.
as a Pillar Vc tech investor
- Identify new investment opportunities by building relationships with founders, academic researchers and tech operators, attending conferences/meetups and hosting events.
- Work with Pillar colleagues to co-lead investments, source, perform diligence on prospective investments, conduct reference checks, interview experts and potential customers, develop financial models and negotiating terms.
- Support portfolio companies by building relationships with a global network of founders, senior leaders, and experts who can help accelerate new company development.
- Write about what you’re seeing and learning for our newsletter and blog, sharing your perspective with our community.
We’d love to hear from you if you think you could be a fit for this role. We encourage underrepresented candidates to apply.
This is a full-time position spending at least 2 days every week
in Boston, MA.
- Flexible WFH policy
- 100% coverage of health and dental insurance (plus some of your deductible)
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Free snacks, coffee, and espresso when you’re in the office
- You get to come to The Exchange